Drupal Training for Developers
Contact Us for Dates
2 days practical workshop for up to 12 people.
This course teaches developers the techniques required to build and work with Drupal based Web applications.
This workshop consists of lectures, demonstrations, exercises and discussions.
Training Course Objectives
- Quick introduction to Drupal and core concepts (users, roles etc)
- Run through key Drupal modules and functionality
- Views, rapid introduction to views - quickly moving on to more advanced views techniques
- Overview of the Drupal hook system
- Overview of the menu system
- Our first hello world module
- Permissions and Security
- Database abstraction layer and avoiding SQL injection attacks
- Introduction to the forms API
- Building more complex forms
- Overriding default Drupal behaviour WITHOUT HACKING!
- Exposing blocks in your module
- Theming - forms, theming views tpl files, template.php etc
- Performance and caching
- Drupal and mobile, including a look at HTML5 base themes and responsive mobile first designs
Who it is for
Training Course Prerequisites
- Good understanding of PHP
- Good understanding of SQL
- Basic XHTML/CSS useful but not essential