Effective People Management
This training course combines lectures with practical exercises that help the delegates to put what they have learned on the training course into practice. The exercises specifically build on what has been recently taught and are built up as the training course progresses.
Training Course Objectives
- Understand your own style of leadership and how it will affect those around you
- Learn how to create an environment where teamwork can flourish
- Learn how to delegate effectively and supervise appropriately
- Learn how to handle conflict within your team
- Learn to appreciate how your behaviour and reactions can affect the team dynamics
Who it is for
This course is ideal for those with management experience who wish to improve their management abilities and develop as a more effective people manager.
Training Course Prerequisites
- Some level of management experience is helpful although not essential to get the most out of this class.
Chapter 1 Who are you?
- What is your leadership approach?
- How does your style affect the team?
- Anyone can tell others what to do, but how do you lead?
Chapter 2 Characteristics of a high performing team
- High quality work relationships
- Team retrospectives
- Team motivation techniques
Chapter 3 Goal Oriented Teams
- How to get your team behind the vision for the team?
- Handling negativity
- Goal setting
Chapter 4 People Skills
- Handling conflict within your team
- Handling those awkward team members
- Organising people to perform - self organisation vs top down organisation
- Handling those who resist you your vision
Chapter 5 Performance Management
- How to ensure your team is high performing
- Team dynamics and high performance
- The planning onion